Team: Peter T. Kirstein (University College London)
Partners: BRE Global Limited
The use of a secured distributed Digital Object Management System (DOMS) to represent deployments including security, data description and access process information with the relevant security metadata and extensive use of Templates. Various applications may use the deployment database, deriving appropriate new identifiers with attributes extended from the original deployment to reflect different applications with different security and data requirements. These applications will be advertised in Hypercat, which has been developed for such a purpose. The SIDMS may be used also to assist in the security operations, thus reducing the risk of Applications developers applying the security procedures incorrectly. The SIDMS itself may be analysed carefully for vulnerabilities, thus the overall probability of secure errors will be reduced.
This project will be carry out with the collaboration of BRE, as a main partner. In this way, two themes will be addressed:
1) Provide a Proof of concept (PoC) validation of our approach to adding IoT and security to deployments without them
2)Get a common understanding of the different approaches of others to this theme.
BRE will contribute with their expertise in the domain of Smart Buildings. They will participate in regular project meetings to discuss the creation of appropriate digital description. They will also make available a Smart Lab house in their Innovation Centre. The Smart Lab house is populated with a range of smart home technologies that can provide a basis for both a deployment and IoT model and a physical demonstrator. BRE will provide the Smart Lab + IoT device deployment data to UCL and will also provide some availability for UCL to access the physical Smart Lab. Since another PETRAS project will be using the same house, there is scope for considering a Demonstrator beyond a single project.
- Verify that BIM Level-2 with any BRE extensions is adequate for some IoT and security applications
- Demonstrate in a Proof of Concept (PoC) that a Secured Identity Data Manage System (SIDNS) will assist in the implementation of secured IoT applications with the BIM data provided by BRE with a real, instrumented, home
- Explore the advantages of a symbiosis of using the SIDMS of the above together with Hypercat – the SIDMS will provide secured resources, and Hypercat will advertise the existence and access details of the resources
- Ensure that the total above technology can be extended as part of a built environment demonstrator
- Devise a plan, in conjunction with other PETRAS PIs, to mount an integrated demonstrator for the Built Environment – preferably advertising their resources in Hypercat
- EBIS Template Paper: https://drive.google.com/file/
d/1HhJ6jMAi6Vb_D7mC_ HrY6gUQzhohDXBi/view?usp= sharing
- EBIS Handle Paper: https://drive.google.com/file/
d/ 1ibga19uvyUtzDio33djBzk0HHw5ar Tmi/view?usp=sharing
- EBIS PoC: https://drive.google.com/file/
d/ 1eJEhDb1NR9tZDrftXveI2wzNFmR58 f6n/view?usp=sharing
- EBIS+ Paper (Handle+Templates): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zcaWMbHjXmpL6tSqJvg-w_O1_2MzQBNs/view?usp=sharing
- EBIS+ and Hypercat: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1t_kFjHSduqOQSlkyISlg0vRK9Pq7DfuL/view?usp=sharing